Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Seasons of Life + Appreciating the 'Now' || {personal}

Wow! How time flies! Apparently it has been a couple months since my last post. Oops! Life has been a little full lately. A good full though. It just means I have spent less time on here. . .

Recently, I have been thinking about how life changes so quickly. I look back to where I was a year ago and can't believe sometimes at all that has happened. Life changes. And I enter a new season. Though sometimes, I think I partially have one foot in one and the other foot with its toe dipped in a different season. Sort of like these wintery-looking-yet-fall leaves.


"Seizing the moment" may sound like such a cliche phrase, but I think there is lots of truth in there. Focusing on being present in the moment and being grateful for what I do have instead of narrowing in on what I don't have are two other things I have been thinking about. In other words, appreciating the now! Wow, I have so much to be thankful for.

I took these photos earlier this fall. Snow had fallen the day before and now the sun was shining and causing the snow to quickly melt!




It was one of those moments where there was a small window of opportunity to catch the snow on the fall colored leaves. Very small window!



It wasn't long before the sun melted the snow on the leaves. But in that brief interval there were fall colored trees adorned with snow against a blue sky.

Sometimes in life there are those moments or seasons - they may seem like they will be there forever, but they pass quickly. And in 'good-feeling' seasons and 'bad-feeling' seasons and just 'ordinary-feeling' seasons, this verse encourages me:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
~ Romans 8:28 ~

all things - all seasons - the good, the funny, the hard, the amusing, the sad, the tear provoking, the laugh till you cry, the humdrum, the delightfully shock this happened - God is there

Determined to make the most of and be grateful for the now, thanking God for each day  : - )




In other news, I have two photo shoots from the fall that I have sooooo wanted to post on here: one has some photos with the most amazing light in it and some great experimenting with my flash (not to mention the gorgeous subject!) and the other has such an adorable baby - oooh, she was so cute!! Coming soon!



1 comment: