Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas in December || monday musings {personal}

Whoohoo!!! It is December and that means Christmas is just around the corner! I don't know about you but I looooooove Christmas! And I also am a huge fan of traditions. So much so, I'd pretty much eat the same thing every weekday morning for breakfast. Potentially this is so I don't have to use my brain while the sun is still sleeping, but we can phrase it as a tradition right?!

Ok, just kidding. I like traditions because to me they have meaning. And many have memories behind them. This year I'm really wanting to not just let December fly by. You know how you can be so focussed on the 25th that you speed through December at breakneck speed and forget to enjoy the month and all that it holds? Trying to avoid that and savor the month and what it's all about. Ok so today I'm sharing my top 5 traditions for the month of December. And by "traditions" I mean what I'm doing this December:

1. Reading though this book: Waiting Here for You: An Advent Journey of Hope by Louie Giglio. So struck by this idea that we are all waiting for something. More on that in another post.

2. Listening to Christmas music. And yes, this started in November! But I need some new songs, any suggestions? 

3. Christmas concerts! One down, one or two more to go and also going to see the Nutcracker!! Eeek, so excited! 

4. Embracing Eggnog. Except the thought of drinking raw eggs is horrific to me. So I have convinced myself that there are three categories of eggs: raw eggs, cooked eggs, and eggnog eggs. If I'm wrong, please don't tell me until 2015. I'm enjoying eggnog in vanilla chai tea and swirl hot chocolates way too much!!!

5. #AdventBibleMemorizing - a bunch of us decided to do some advent related memorizing this month. We're still going through some Messianic prophecies in the Old Testament, but pretty sure we'll make it to the New Testament some day soon. Love how it all ties together! 

What do you do in December??

Here's what happens I try to take some Christmasy tree photos and then end up laying on the floor and playing with the manual focus:


4 comments:

  1. My nieces always memorize the Christmas story each year, and this year they commented that everyone else should too, so each member of our family is now memorizing a piece! It feels good to commit to memory again - though it seems like more work than when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my FAVORITE Christmas activities is wrapping gifts, in my parents room, for hours on end. I'm the only one who likes wrapping, so become the designated wrapper. So fun. :) Even though I don't live at home it seems wrong to wrap gifts anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh! I'm electing a photo of you surrounded by gift wrap etc!! :)

      Delete